The Deputy Regional Director will support the C40 Regional Director, the Steering Committee cities and the other C40 cities in the Region to ensure C40 is responsive and provides effective assistance to its member cities in Latin America.
The Deputy Regional Director will work to advance cities’ participation in C40 activities and support the Regional Director in: i) the engagement with the C40 cities in Latin America to ensure they comply with the C40 Participation Standards and get involved in different initiatives offered by C40, ii) tracking and reporting key results in the Region, and iii) answering specific requests for information and support from cities.
- Substantive experience of working in city and/or central government administrations or climate change related international NGO or business.
- Some familiarity with a network of senior contacts in any C40 city in the Region, current/potential partner organisations, and the Latin America national governments.
- Proven ability to engage with decision makers at a political or executive decision-making level within cities in Latin America.
- Ability to work in an international organization and across regional and cultural boundaries. C40.SOP/HR/001 F2 3
- Strong technical or policy background in climate change and climate science and in public project evaluation or international funding for public projects.
- Significant experience in a relevant field connected to climate change and/or sustainable urban development. • Relevant academic degree ideally at Masters level.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is a requirement and knowledge of Portuguese is desirable.
Applicants must already have the right to work in any C40 city in Latin America and particularly in Mexico City, Bogota or Rio de Janeiro. Moderate to significant travel will be required, as part of the role.