Essential qualifications and experience
- Graduated from Climate Science, Public Policy, International Development, International Business/Relations or related courses with at least 5 years of experience on a related field/activity to this job description and able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and relationship skills;
- Solid knowledge of Colombian climate change policy and institutional framework;
- Be a flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems, and coordinate coherent and compelling programmes and projects;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish;
- Project/Programme management experience, preferably with international stakeholders;
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to adjust to different audiences;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work well and have a flexible approach to work whilst under pressure;
- Team player, driven by values.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- 35 working hours a week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 1:30 pm on Fridays.
- 14 public holidays per year
- 15 days annual leave plus 4 compensatory days pro-rata on first year
- 15 days salary in December pay and 15 days salary in June pay (pro rata in first year).
- The British Embassy is committed to the ongoing training and development of its staff, and training will be provided as appropriate
- The Embassy is committed to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone.
- 12 months contract with possibility of renewal