Global Green Growth InstituteCrecimiento económico sostenible e incluyente
The Communications Assistant will be responsible to assist the Country Representative and other Colombia team members in the design, creative development, drafting, elaborating and publishing all communications related to GGGI´s Colombia Program work, results and impacts related to the II Phase of the Norway Project across the various jurisdictions and the national level. The Communications Assistant will perform activities from strategic planning, support public relations with media, monitor media coverage & media outlets, drafting press releases, social media postings, event´s marketing, text-editing, blogs, press releases, posts, among others that will increase GGGI and Norway-funded visibility, increase the level of recognition by the general public and sharpen the message of who we are, what we do and who we work. The focus of this position is to provide communications-related services performing high quality and accuracy of work, with creative and innovative approaches to conveying program´s messages. S/he implements the rules, guidelines, entitlements of GGGI regarding its communications and provides solutions to issues related consistent with GGGI rules and regulations.
Working closely and supervised by the Country Representative, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for helping design and implement the strategic communications plan and related activities, throughout the Phase II of the GGGI/Norway program. These will be delivered under the operational requirements of the Colombia Country Program fully meeting GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements and other operational and office functions. The Communications Assistant will ensure all communications deliveries are carried out effectively and will troubleshoot when needed to support a smooth overall development of the strategic communications plan.
S/he implements the rules, guidelines, entitlements and provides solutions to the GGGI Colombia Program issues related to communications. Promotes a relations-oriented approach consistent with GGGI rules and regulations. Foreseen activities can include, but not are limited to:
- Communications Strategic Plan (CSP)
- Identify and list core stakeholders and their engagement levels, communication channels to be used, objectives of the communication, a SWOT analysis, and others, to support the design of a Strategic Communications Plan to be updated on a regular basis.
- Coordinate outreach activities for all sectors, detailing activities for each group by brainstorming and feed the proposal with team members
- Create a workplan and schedule for years 2020, 2021 & 2022 correspondent to the activities contained in the CSP
- Undertake the implementation of the designed activities under the CSP
- Comply with HQ requirements such as Programmatic Communications Plan
- Support Public Relations related activities
- Create a directory of media outlets at the local, regional and national level
- Support Country Representative in engaging with media actors for event´s coverage and publicity
- Engage with the communications offices of GGGI Colombia counterparts for specific event planning, media coverage, etc.
- Support in arranging interviews, articles, press releases and others for the Country Representative
- Create strategic mechanisms to share information about GGGI, particularly through social media
- Monitor Media Outlets´ development
- Report on social media trends
- Evaluate the impact of our communications in terms of views, replies, circulation, likes, etc.
- Draft press-releases, blogs, posts, articles and others for publication
- Monitor concurrence of publications in social media
- Support the preparation and execution of social media strategies
- Other publications
- Implement Visual Identity and Guidelines in all GGGI communications and publications
- Ensure approvals locally and/or with HQ in accordance with the publication type
- Support technical staff in the development of impactful communications of GGGI´s results
- Assist the program in maintaining web content in the GGGI website
- Draft and editing texts, presentations, articles and all communications materials, both in English and Spanish
- Support the preparation of presentations and reports, using tools such as Power Point, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Support all office staff for the development of communications pieces and messaging per project
- Supervise communications consultants and interns
- The Communications Assistant will support the program’s communications under working closely with the Country Representative, relevant HQ units and the country team
- Support and maintain relationships with media outlets and counterpart´s communications teams as needed
- Assist the team in the preparation of communications, press releases, posts, social media outlets and others as per need to communicate program’s outputs, outcomes or impact
- Engage with the Colombia team for supporting on all other communication pieces as needed
- Liaise with the communications team at the HQ on guidelines and sharing best practices.
- Support the design and implementation of a Strategic Communications Plan for GGGI Colombia
- Assist with communications pieces preparation for both internal and external parties;
- Monitor social media publications, impact and statistics;
- Keep Facebook, Tweeter, GGGI´s website and any other outlet media up to date and with relevant information
- Support the delivery of high-quality publications (printed, videos, articles, capsules, presentations, blogs, press-releases, among others);
- Attend all events required and make full media coverage;
- Take responsibility for day to day communications activities and perform other communications support as needed in support to the Country Representative of GGGI Colombia.
- (MANDATORY) Undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in strategic communications´ planning and development, management of media outlets, monitoring of social media and creation of written and visual pieces; event´s promotion and development;
Strong ability to use social media for effective communications, visibility and positioning of brand is a plus;
- (MANDATORY) Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- (MANDATORY) Must be a Colombian citizen, or a foreigner holding a valid Work Visa;
- (MANDATORY) Excellent oral and written Spanish and English is a must;
- Exceptional ability to pay attention to details, particularly when it comes to communications pieces and following rules & guidelines;
- Experience / knowledge of green growth and sustainable development is a plus, as well as regional relevant experience.
- Able to achieve results in a quality, timely, and cost-effective way. Sees priorities, plans the efficient use of resources, and monitors progress against objectives;
- Seek opportunities to improve process and outcomes. Constantly review performance to identify areas to develop;
- Respond positively to change and able to adapt quickly to new situations. Able to take on a diverse range of tasks equally effectively;
- Able to pick up and assimilate relevant information and learn tasks in a rapidly manner, responding swiftly and appropriately in fast-paced environments;
- Fast learner, quick to adapt to new environment, systems and bring immediate contribution. High literacy with systems, processes, and high level of analytical and logical thinking;
- Self-initiative, motivated and team oriented, with capacity to work under pressure and with little supervision;
- Service-oriented to internal and external clients, with demonstrated abilities to find solutions, resolve problems and overcome challenges.
- Team player with a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with multi-cultural teams;
- Committed to green growth and inspired by the vision of the organization;
- Open to learn and share knowledge to achieve desired goals;
- Shares values of excellence, integrity, transformational impact, inclusiveness and boldness.
Applications and CVs must be sent in English.
Preferred Start Date: July 1st, 2020