This position of Program Officer will be the main liaison and responsible for the execution of all activities under the signed MoU between the DNP and GGGI. He/she will be in charge of developing substantive inputs and analyses to the development, delivery, and assessment of work projects/activities that could lead to effective implementation of the GG Policy; organize program activities across other relevant government and non-government partners, promote capacity building and country specific knowledge development for effective results delivery, particularly as defined within GGGI´s programming and financial possibilities; maintain effective program reporting and communication internally and externally in line with GGGI corporate policies, standards and protocols.
- Compile information and develop analyses to support project formulation within the context of the country program;
- Lead GGGI´s technical engagement and support for the execution of activities under the Memorandum of Understanding 2018-2022 signed between GGGI and the National Planning Department (DNP)
- Provide strategic direction to and coordinate the development of technical inputs for the implementation of the Green Growth Policy (CONPES 3934), in coordination with DNP’s counterparts.
- Identify and pursue jointly with the GGGI and DNP teams new finance opportunities to advance in the implementation of the GG Policy, both at the national and subnational level
- Coordinate other activities oriented to strengthen the capacity of DNP as coordinating agency for green growth planning and implementation
- Support resource mobilization activities to implement activities and projects related with the green growth agenda of the current administration (2018-2022 National Development Plan)
- Identify and develop other areas of collaboration with the DNP that fit under the framework of the MoU and that align with GGGI´s strategic objectives and service offering.
- Advise Country Team and Representative with evidence and data driven substantive inputs and analyses on program activity development, implementation and assessment, resource mobilization particularly within topics of relevance for the implementation of the Green Growth Policy;
- Collaborate with other country teams, units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as One GGGI;
- Maintain active professional relations with the DNP and all other relevant line Ministries, cooperation agencies, development partners, and other key stakeholders to adequately address their green growth agendas and manage client expectations;
- Promote green growth and GGGI’s best practice, knowledge products and advisory services with the donor community and other relevant stakeholders;
- Advise GGGI on opportunities for engagement in the national context, demonstrating effective adaptation of the GGGI approach;
- Implement programs, projects and actions related to green growth in accordance with CONPES Document 3934, Colombia´s Green Growth Policy, with emphasis on the sectorial and regional priorities that are jointly defined between GGGI and DNP
- Monitor and follow-up of the advancement in Green growth policy implementation, informing on progress made towards attaining the nationally determined contributions (NDC) for Colombia under the Paris Agreements on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals (ODS).
- Structuring and/or consolidation of monitoring, reporting and verification systems (MRV) within the frame of Price fixing mechanisms for greenhouse gas emission that the Government of Colombia carries out.
- Develop activities and training material aimed at providing technical assistance to subnational governments and other actors, so as to reflect green growth strategies in its planning and investing instruments in order to structure financeable projects and to mobilize national and international financial resources, including in support of direct access entities to the Green Climate Fund.
- Organize activities for capacity generation, learning sessions and knowledge exchange events that contribute to accelerating the implementation of green growth in Colombia and NDC achievement.
- Identifies project delivery issues and ensures effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established timeframes.
- Organize program activities including policy consultation and validation meetings & workshops, capacity building programs based on yearly/biannual work programs and budget plans
- Develop project execution modality and documents across project management cycle per country.
- Perform data collection and analyses to build and maintain country specific knowledgebase
- Develop result reporting of program activities and facilitate internal and external communications
- Capture lessons learned in project management to support refinement/improvement of existing policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree in areas such as economics, development economics, public policies, international affairs or environmental management.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in sustainable development/green growth policy formulation and/or implementation, with an excellent track record in development planning and implementation, green growth-related topics (energy, water, waste management, climate change, sustainable cities, etc.).
- Full proficiency in Spanish and fluent written and spoken English skills.
Skills, knowledge, attributes
- Strong theoretical base and practical understanding of key areas of green growth, such as climate change mitigation and adaptation, water, waste, transport and/or energy policy and practice.
- Familiarity with the public-sector institutions in Colombia.
- Experience in advising high-level government officials on green growth-related matters.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and strategic thinking skills, with excellent abilities to provide synthesis and communicate clearly and effectively.
Corporate Behaviors and Values
- Ability to participate in multi-disciplinary teams, from both public and private sector.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, client relationship, communication, team work and consensus building.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy, with ability to develop joint activities with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to function as team leader and ability to coach and mentor more junior staff.