South Pole Carbon Asset Management SASAcción climática para todos
As an Investment Specialist in our Global Carbon Project Sourcing team, you will support teams at South Pole and project partners globally to develop and review project budgets, proposals and investment plans for AFOLU projects seeking investment. You will support existing Due Diligence processes, help identify and manage project risks, and support the negotiations team to optimize risk management in contractual and all other arrangements. Working under the guidance of the Head of Project Structure, Finance and Implementation you will propose or optimize project fund flow mechanisms and disbursement plans for efficient use of funds to achieve AFOLU project objectives. During project implementation, you will develop tools to help control and oversee fund disbursement and, together with the project manager, ensure projects are making progress towards agreed milestones and funds are being disbursed in accordance with agreed revenue and benefit-sharing plans between investors, project owners, communities and others.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist key account managers in preparing proposals and budgets, and presenting specific projects to potential third-party investors
- Work with project managers and project partners around the world, including NGOs, governments, communities and private sector companies, to develop and guide long-term budgets and project implementation plans, including key milestones that will be used as a basis for disbursement of financing
- Work with project partners to prepare or review cash flow, financial models as a basis for project financial Due Diligence, allowing South Pole and third-party investors to identify the most attractive carbon projects with the right level of risk management and attractive terms
- Support project managers and project partners to prepare Risk Assessment Matrix during Due Diligence phase to adequately reflect project risk in contractual arrangements and project design
- Develop financial sections of other Due Diligence templates, including the development of commercial terms for presentation to third-party investors during investment negotiations
- Work with the Head of Project Structure, Finance and Implementation and project partners to structure and present business terms to investors, including the timing of disbursements of payments according to specific project needs and achievement of Key Performance Indicators
- During the investment phase, assist project partners in the development of reports demonstrating that investments are meeting expected project outcomes and KPIs
- Contribute to the preparation of relevant project progress reports for third party investors or parties with a commercial relation with South Pole.
- University Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Environmental Economics or another relevant field. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in the area of forestry and or land use with a focus on project finance, project due diligence, carbon project development and/or community-based forestry projects
- Experience in budgeting, project cash flow analysis and/or financial modeling, risk assessment and financial deal structuring
- Basic knowledge of carbon credits, carbon standards and carbon project development, preferably including experience and understanding of Reducing Emissions from Deforestation & Forest Degradation (REDD+) and Afforestation, Reforestation & Restoration (ARR)
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Comfortable working with an international and multicultural team
- Adaptability and versatility
- Solid legal and contract management knowledge a plus
- Willingness to travel to other countries
- Commutative people person with good networking skills
- Written and oral command of English & Spanish
- Additional languages, especially French, a plus.
Cantidad de vacantes: 1
Tipo de contrato: Término indefinido
Tiempo de experiencia Relacionada: 2-3 años
Ubicación: Bogotá, Cundinamarca