Forests & Climate Officer – Embajada del Reino Unido de la Gran Bretaña e Irlanda del Norte
Essential qualifications and experience
- Graduated from a Climate or Environmental Science, Public Policy, International Development, International Business/Relations or related course
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience; preferably some closely related to reducing forest loss
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Solid knowledge of Colombian climate, forest, agriculture and land-use policy and institutional frameworks
- Experience of helping to develop, and manage the delivery of, significant projects or programmes; preferably with international stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish; excellent communication, adjusting for audience
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work well and have a flexible approach to work whilst under pressure
- Team player, driven by values
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- 35 working hours a week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 1:30 pm on Fridays.
- 14 public holidays per year
- 15 days annual leave plus 4 compensatory days pro-rata on first year
- 15 days salary in December pay and 15 days salary in June pay (pro rata in first year).
- The British Embassy is committed to the ongoing training and development of its staff, and training will be provided as appropriate
- The Embassy is committed to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone.
- 12 months contract with possibility of renewal